Skip to content

Getting your family matters sorted is an important part of life to ensure there will be someone there to look after you when your are no longer capable of looking after yourself.

As our business includes a lawyer, we also offer the following services of:

preparing Wills and all Powers of Attorney. This is an important step to consider, especially once you have commenced your asset portfolio. 

  • Estate planning
  • Standard Wills
  • Testamentary Trust Wills (Wills managed within a Trust)
  • Powers of attorneys
  • Testators Family maintenance Claims (disputing a Will)
  • Advance Care Directives (refer below)
  • Probate
  • Letters of administration

A Will protects what you have worked hard to build up. It aims to prevent a family from being torn apart by bickering over what you leave behind.

​In preparing your Will, we will commence with a phone conference and once the papers are ready, we will organise an appointment to review and sign all the documents in the presence of the Lawyer and a witness.
​If your enquiry is regarding Probate (what to do with a Will once the person dies) or disputing a Will, you can find more information by or call us and we will be happy to help.

Powers of Attorney is a legal document that lets you appoint someone to make decisions about personal matters (such as where you live) or financial matters (such as paying bills) or both. This person is called an attorney. You can limit the power to cover only specific matters, and you can choose when the powers start. Where there is no Powers of Attorney, the Government or VCAT, will appoint and administrator to make decision on your behalf if you are not able to.

Your attorney cannot make medical treatment decisions for you unless they also have Enduring and medical powers of attorney. The power endures – or continues – if and when you are unable to make decisions for yourself. If you don’t appoint anyone, and are unable to make a decision when it needs to be made, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) will appoint a government organisation to make the decision for you.

An enduring power of attorney (financial) authorises the person to make financial and legal decisions on your behalf. You can elect for the power to take effect immediately, on a specified date, or if and when you became mentally incapacitated.

Advanced Care directives allow you to give instructions on how you want to be treated as part of your future care and medical treatment. This takes the pressure off family members to make those decisions on your behalf, Although this has been available in other States of Australia, it has just been introduced in Victoria. We can assist you with completing this directive.